Monday, April 25, 2011

Week of April 25 from Prenzlau

Well hello everyone,

First off, happy Easter to you all!  I hope you all had a wonderful and peaceful day yesterday!  

Well Easter is actually normally like my absolute favorite holiday... it's just so peaceful and beautiful and the message is just so good, but this was a really really tough one for me. Our week started off decent, we actually had the first day here in Prenzlau where we didnt have more of 2 hours of "finding" planned, so that was really good. But everything just went down hill from there. EVERYONE was gone this weekend, and no one wanted to listen to us. On top of that, we weren't invited anywhere with any members at all this week. We ate, as normal, with our branch president in the church, which was good, I LOVE our branch president. But he lives so far away and is so busy... arg it just would be nice to be able to be at a members house at some point here in Prenzlau haha. So ya, this was kinda a hard and lonely weekend for me, but i just have to keep going and looking for the positive things and ways to enjoy my time here.

This Sunday was an interesting one for sure. My 3rd week here actually in the chapel in Prenzlau, and every time i've been up at the pulpit haha. I spoke with our branch president to our little group of about 15. Speaking in German is still sooo different for me, but our branch President wants to make me a proficient, and very good speaker and gives me a critique after every one of my talks, which is really helpful. He is an amazing speaker, kinda has to be as a Senator, so it's good to learn from the best.:)

Transfer calls will be coming up this next week, i wont be going anywhere, but it's going to be interesting to see if my companion goes or not. If he stays, i will probably be here for the long haul (4 transfers) if he goes i will probably stay 3 i think. It will be really interesting to see how everything plays out.  In the mean time, we have made a pact to make this next week the hardest working week of our mission. And also, we will ONLY speak german with each other, i'm way excited, but i think my companion is a little less enthusiastic, haha but it will be way fun.:)

Well, i really don't know what else to write about. We dont really have much ahead this week, other then about 50 hours of finding... i'm really getting tired of finding haha, but if the ward doesnt help you gotta do what you gotta do.

Hope you all have a wonderful week back home.

-Elder Ott

No comments:

Post a Comment